Monday 27 February 2017

'STAR WARS' AT 40: A DAMSEL NOT IN DISTRESS!


"Peering through the smoke with an uncomprehending look on her face was the young woman whose portrait Artoo Detoo had projected in a garage on Tatooine several centuries ago, or so it seemed.

She was even more beautiful than her image, Luke decided, staring dazedly at her."You're even - more beautiful - than I -"

Her look of confusion and uncertainty was replaced by first puzzlement and then impatience. "Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?" she finally commentated.

"What? Oh - the uniform" He removed the helmet, regaining a little composure at the same time. "I've come to rescue you. I'm Luke Skywalker."

"I beg your pardon?" she said politely.

"I said, I've come to rescue you. Ben Kenobi is with me. We've got your two 'droids - "

The uncertainty was instantly replaced by hope at the mention of the oldster's name."Ben Kenobi!" She looked around Luke, ignoring him as she searched for the Jedi."Where is he? Obi-Wan!"

From the STAR WARS novelization by George Lucas (Alan Dean Foster) - 1976 

The classic scene as in the movie was likely shot at Elstree Studios around May 11th or 19th, 1976.

No comments: